Saturday, 6 February 2010

Brrrrr ...

It's cold. Forget Jack Frost, this is colder than a little 'nip' at the window pane. This is 'climb inside the freezer with ice cubes in your pants and a cryogenic liquid poured down your back' cold. It's minus something almost everyday, the snow has come, gone, and come again (see picture of an Oxford car park as proof. My car got stuck here during a conference. Kindly townsfolk helped me out. Bless 'em, every one). We thank the stars it's not windy too, cos then it would be too too much. Apparently it's going to be minus 12 next week, which means we may well take everything out the freezer to stop it overheating. We have the radiators on permanently. The boiler is working overtime, though for some strange reason we have dedicated ourselves to living in the back room, the one without a radiator, whilst the rest of the house warms up. My fingers will soon be turning black. I need to go to the kitchen, I might be some time ...

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I think my toes are turning black too. But that's a different story. God - it's going to be hot this week. Aircon will be working over time I am sure. What a strange world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, you weed! Just a little chilly down in the South of England and you go bananas. You should try it up here in Scotland- where cold MEANS cold.Eat some decent food, put on sensible clothes and keep moving!!!

    ReplyDelete